Call to Sewists ! We have a backlog of 1900 mask requests . We hate to ask you for more ….we do need your help. You have been so amazing community. Thank you.
Do I have to Use These Patterns?
NO, You are not obligated to use these patterns if you have a pattern you prefer.
We have curated a selection of mask, scrub cap and ear saver patterns. These patterns are accessible to all skill levels and provided as suggestions.
What Are the Mask Requirements?
We do ask that all mask patterns intended for first responders and essential workers have a FILTER POCKET. There is no preference to having the filter pocket at the top or on the side, only that there is the ability to replace the filter in the pocket (if one is used).
Do You Have Feedback on the Patterns?
The most commonly requested features for a mask and a scrub cap are:
- Visually distinguishable front facing and back facing fabrics ( different colours or patterns) This allows the wearer to quickly identify the inside and outside of the mask or scrub cap.
- We have had mixed feedback on the ties versus the elastic. Some workers wear their masks for long periods of time and prefer ties and not elastics. Whereas some workers prefer elastics or elastic with an ear saver. Sew for TO has no preference between elastics or fabric ties. All of the patterns provided, use elastics, please feel free to replace with fabric ties if you like.
Submit a materials request and we will do our best to help get you started. We do not charge for materials, however, we expect recipients to distribute completed masks at no charge.
My project is completed. Now what?
- Fill in this form to let us know.
- Drop off your finished projects with a Regional Coordinator or arrange a no-contact pick-up.
- We will distribute your projects free of charge within our community.
Please include the following template with all your deliveries. Remember to Write Your Name!
- Please wash all fabric and accessories before construction.
- Please follow all hand washing protocols after receiving fabric and/or supplies.
- Please wash items before final delivery .